Wednesday 24 April 2013

Congrats blog finalist and my teaching

Congratulations to all finalists in the Best Australian Blogs 2013 Competition.  link 
As much as I am sad didn't make it, am greatly relieved and I know those that did make it are deserving. If you have gotten this far, good luck :D and blog on...

Haven't said but have changed schedule, you never really know whats around the corner in life, so be prepared for unexpected. I am now homeschooling my disabled daughter, I already home school my other kids. At first was like how am I going to do this as my daughter does not talk, she is 15 years old. When I was pregnant my other daughter who was 2 years old at the time who is age 16 now got Meningococcal, a very scary thing to catch and we are so lucky shes is a live and all she has really trouble from it, is slight pains in the knee once in a while. My daughter, one I was pregnant with was badly effected, I got sent straight to hospital to have ultrasound and advised to have an abortion. I was against the idea of killing a life, especially a baby, and my husband was unhappy of the idea and wanted seek other opinions, doctors weren't sure hundred percent whether she would be a vegetable, I think I was pretty big at the time as it was so long ago, going on maybe 7 months pregnant. So as you know she is now 15 years old, she looked unwell at aged 10 and a good doctor found she had a hole in her heart. And which she had heart surgery which was also scary but she fully recovered and in a lot healthier and happy state. She cannot talk, though she is very smart, doctors said she would never walk, she runs terrific these days.

Things changed with schooling and now am homeschooling her since after Easter holidays. With my other kids, I never thought I would be homeschooling was very much against it, I mean what can I teach my kids, but truly was a blessing in disguise, the kids had suffered bullying at the school, so we took them from one school to another only finding the teachers there was just as bullying. What I and my kids been able to do is wonderful, they actually learnt far more from me teaching them, then in school, took a while but their self esteem from the bullying is much better then when they were at school and found my love for teaching.

So can I home school my disabled daughter. We are making wonderful progress was a challenge, I can only see it getting better from here. At first I didn't see that, so I am really happy and over joyed with her progress and being able too.

My older daughter who is 16, her drawing competition ends 28 of April so soon will be able share her wonderful graphics's, she is excited and both can't wait for results.


No comments:

Post a Comment