Wednesday 17 April 2013

A picture says a thousand words

There is a saying a picture is worth a thousand words, what does this say to you when you have 7 pictures in your home of the same thing, can this reflect on your life and personal relationship's Marie Diamond from the secret tells us about a man..continued, drawing can be more powerful then we think, man and his drawings of Mercedes Benz,
we don't dream in words, we dream in pictures, be aware whats in your surroundings and images you hold in your mind.

I love pictures, a friend of mine had an almost obsessive thing about posting pictures. I never really thought much of it till it became something I like to do. Looking at beautiful pictures and quotes really feels nice, like an inner nice, and sharing feels good, especially when other people share also. I think that's why things like facebook, google and other sharing sites, work. There's a sense of joy and communication. You can almost tell a lot about a person by what they share, are they positive happy people, are they negative and talk of worries a lot. How can drawings and pictures effect us? Do pictures help you over come and appreciate things?

This story is about a little girl my daughter knew.

~Rosey and the clown~

There was a little girl called Rosey that came and played with my daughter. She missed my daughters birthday and just wanted to visit. My daughter led her to her bed room. Rosey shuddered at the sight of the clown my daughter had made that she stuck on the door. I asked her what was wrong, she exclaimed her great fear and dislike for clowns. Funny thing was, I read an article about how we create fear by constantly fearing it. So I  explained to Rosie, by appreciating the clown she will no longer fear it. Just one thing, what do you appreciate about it? Now Rosey was fond of the colour red, and my daughter’s clown had a bright red nose, and I told her just keep appreciating more things, just one thing more then another. Then I left those two be. Well she left later on, I didn’t see her again until a month later when she revisited my daughter. To my surprise the two girls decided to draw, her drawings were of clowns. I exclaimed to Rosey. “I thought you were afraid of clown’s.” Where upon she smiled. “Not anymore!”

If this little girl can lose her sense of fear through appreciation. Appreciation is gentle and softens the heart. What can others lose the fear of through facing and appreciating.


This reminds me of a man I saw on the news, it was funny this man that got attacked by the shark then next thing you know instead of fearing the shark he was helping protect them, and his job ended up his life work, was with the sharks. I think originally before he got bitten by the shark he did fear them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment